On this page you will find all the info about the 2021 Recruiting.
Teamwork, willingness to take up new challenges and being passionate about motorsport and really entering this beautiful world are some of the fundamental traits to be part of our Team.
The first real step to to take in order to be achieve you goal is to register for the entry test which will allow you to become on of us.
How will the test take place?
The test will take place via the combined use of Microsoft Forms and Microsoft Teams. For this reason you MUST REGISTER in order of us to be able to add you to the online classrooms.
The questions will be answered on Microsoft forms. Here below you can find all the information about the test structure.
How will the test be structured?
It will be divided in four sections.
- - Section A: Open question in order to get to know you and understand why you want to join the team. There are no right and wrong answers.
- - Section B: Multiple choices questions about the formula student rules. You will have 10 minutes.
- - Section C: Multiple choices question on technical topics (Esempio: Being able to recognise simple mechanical components, to solve simple practical problems)
- - Section D: This section will vary depending and the department you want to join. You’ll have 45 minutes to answer two questions. If you happen to have indicated two departments in the submission form you’ll have to take Section D twice, each for the specific department
Here you can find the rulebook you have to study for the test
- - Formula Student 2020/2021 Rulebook:
- - Sezione A: “Administrative Regulations”
- - Sezione T: “General Technical Requirements”
- - Sezione EV: “Electric Vehicles”
- - Sezione DV: “Driverless Vehicles”
- - Sezione S: “Static Events”
- - Sezione D: “Dynamic Events”
Are you a Driver?
We are also looking for skilled drivers, with experience in at least one championship, who not only have to push our prototype to the limit, but drivers who can deliver accurate feedbacks over the behaviour of the car. Drivers, in fact hold a fundamental job in the development of our prototype.
If you believe to have the necessary skills to be our driver, you firstly have to sign up to the test, choosing a department. Then you have to send an email to:
In the email you have to specify the following information:
- - Driver curriculum vitae
- - A personal onboard video [optional]
- - A preference for a department
You will have to sustain the general test for the team. In case of a successful written test, we will schedule a specific interview.
THE TEAM'S DEPARTMENTS
Each and every one requires specific knowledge and skills related to the department’s activities. Furthermore, each department can look for two figures : Designer and logistic planner. The first deals with everything regarding designing and producing components. The second has more of a managing role, they will interact with the B&M department to properly fill all the documents for the cost event. They will also have to deal with the department’s external sponsors.
We would like to remind you that many of the cited skills are not strictly related to a specific course of study.
Many of them are acquired through hard work and passion, regardless of the field of study you chose. If you think you have what we are looking for we invite you to sing up for the entry test.
If, on the other hand, you think you don’t have to cited skills or ability, maybe you just started university, or maybe you simply didn’t dive into said fields, but you are burning with the desire to put yourself to the test don’t worry! For the first time in the team's history there will be a second recruiting in March 2021 which will be more focused on evaluating the candidate attitudes rather than their skills
Do you have any curiosity regarding the teams composition? You don’t know what department to join? You believe you’ve got what it takes and you can be of help to the team?
Follow the teams presentation. In each one you will be presented a different department in greater detail than on this page. Furthermore you’ll be able to ask each department head some questions
In order to get to know the team and departments better, we hope to see you at our conferences which will be live on YouTube from 18.00.
- - 22/09: General conference
- - 23/09: Aerodynamics e Frame&Body departements conference
- - 24/09: High Voltage System and Low Voltage System departments conference
- - 28/09: Business&Marketing department conference
- - 29/09: Cooling System department conference
- - 30/09: Driver Interfaces and Suspension&Drivetrain departments conference
- - 01/10: Vehicle Dynamics department conference